I’m Mandolin — Owner of Brainy Birth.
We specialize in creating AMAZING birth and postpartum experiences.
As a Certified Lactation Counselor, crisis counselor, doula trainer, and co-founder of the Birth Languages Method of Childbirth I have created an amazing team of doulas here to serve you from pregnancy through your first year of parenting.
I have a simple recipe to achieve this:
¼ cup of academics
My background in social research and ten years of experience teaching Women’s Studies gives me the ability to truly understand and discuss the latest research in maternal health.
¼ cup of non-judgemental support
I have served as a crisis counselor for over 15 years before becoming a doula and childbirth educator. This background enables me to truly meet you where you are on your birth journey. I specialize in working with women and partners who have histories of trauma.
A heaping cup of trust
Just because I know the research on birth doesn’t mean I know what is best for you. Nope, no way. I give information and trust you and your partner, alongside your care provider, to make the decisions that are right for your family.
2 ¾ cups of couple-centeredness
Birth is primarily a time for the couple to connect and welcome their new baby. I facilitate connection between partners and help partners learn how to provide stellar birth support in our prenatal meeting(s).
A dash of fun
While every birth has serious moments, there also is a lot of time to stop and really enjoy the experience through laughter, humor, and even silliness!
Stir this together with prenatal education, comfort techniques such as massage, acupressure and labor positions, and an awesome one-on-one relationship with you and your partner. Bake as long as needed at 98.6 degrees. Recipe cannot burn or spoil.
Birth Doula Services:
Prenatal care and education combined with continuous labor support from early labor until your baby is born..
- Unlimited virtual support from pregnancy through 6 weeks postpartum.
- Two Prenatal Planning sessions
- One Postpartum visit for support and referrals.
- Photos during birth (non-professional)
- Four weeks of 24/7 on call time
- An authentic rebozo and instruction on its use
- Birth and postpartum planning booklet
Postpartum Doula Services:
Expert care for the birthing person, baby, and whole family.
- Assistance with baby feeding from chest/breast or bottle.
- Emotional support for the birthing person and other family members
- Light cleaning, meal preparation, and organization
- Expert advice on baby sleep, routines, and development
- Baby care while you rest
- Baby care instruction including bathing, changing, and soothing
Safely turn your baby’s placenta into capsules that may assist with postpartum healing and mood.
- Pick up of your placenta from you place of birth.
- Processing of your placenta in a designated work space.
- Virtual support about doses, effects, and postpartum healing.
- Cord keepsake
- Tincure or Salve add on if desired.
- Placenta print if desired
- Over 90 births attended and 35 families supported postpartum
- Trained in spinning babies techniques
- Certified Birth and Postpartum Doula
- Certified Lactation Counselor
- Rebozo Certified
- Crisis Counselor
- 5 Births attended, 5 postpartum families assisted
- Birth Doula
- Postpartum Doula
- CPR Certified
- Fluent in French
- Proficient in Spanish
- Certified Birth Doula
- Certified Postpartum Doula
- Over 40 births attended
- 10 Postpartum families served
- Placenta Specialist
Pricing and Packages
$850.00 – $1250.00
$30.00 – 45.00 per hour depending on doula experience and number of hours needed. (Discounts available for packages of 100 hours or more).
Couples Comfort Measures Workshop
Prepare for birth as a team during this hands-on workshop. This class is excellent on its own, or in addition to a class in a hospital setting. The workshop includes:
- Labor positions for a safer, easier birth
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Comforting touch, massage, and acupressure
- Rebozo techniques
- Emotional support techniques during labor
- Movement for labor (even with an epidural!)
- Strategies to work WITH your labor
Soon to be announced!
Cost is $35
Contact Us Today!
The Brainy Birth Story
As a doula who has served over 90 birthing families, 35 postpartum families, and taught hundreds of couples childbirth education I have a passion for ensuring all birthing people and families have access to quality prenatal and postpartum support through doula care.
The mission of Brainy Birth is to to create a group of birth workers that provides empowering person-centered services to birthing people and their families.
What makes us unique is our commitment to non-judgemental support, our knowledge of local birth places and providers, as well as the fact that the birth workers within the group are cared for equally as well as the families we serve.
Brainy Birth is committed to offering true wrap-around care for families. Filling all of your needs from pregnancy through parenting.
“We couldn’t have been happier with our choice to enlist Mandy’s services for the birth of our son. Her presence before, during, and after the event were invaluable and undoubtedly helped ensure that we had a great experience. If you are looking for high-quality childbirth education and doula services, look no further than Mandy!”Rebecca
“Mandy is a wonderful doula and my husband and I were so thankful to have her be a part of our baby’s birth. We met Mandy when she was the teacher for our childbirth education class and we quickly learned how knowledgeable she was and appreciated her calm and supportive attitude. We decided we wanted to have an unmedicated birth and knew that having a doula’s support would increase the chances of us successfully having this. Mandy met us at the hospital and was a fantastic support, both for me and helping my husband know how to support me as well. Thankfully we had a wonderful experience and were able to have an unmedicated birth. Mandy is a wonderful person and we would highly recommend her!”Sara
“Mandy was amazing! We were so thankful to have her during the entire labor and delivery, especially when nothing went according to our birth plan! It was so nice to have someone there who was not a doctor to help explain things to us, and help us anticipate what was going to happen next. She brought an extremely calming presence to the room, and definitely helped me and my husband keep our heads when we had to make certain decisions. If I had to do it all over again, I would want her there every time!”Malorie